The Joint Select Committee on Australia's Family Law System is calling for submissions to its
The Committee has met today and elected the Hon. Kevin Andrews MP as Chair and Senator Pauline
Hanson as Deputy Chair of the Committee. A full list of the Committee’s membership can be accessed
The Committee is seeking written submissions and requests that individuals wishing to make a
submission use the template provided on the Committee's website. If you would like to make a
submission, please read:
• information on the website about the inquiry, including the submission process; and
• the guide to making a submission available on the Parliament of Australia website.
The submission closing date is Wednesday, 18 December 2019.
The Committee intends to hold hearings in capital cities and regional areas across Australia in
2020. The Committee will publish information about hearings on its website in early 2020. The
Committee is committed to putting in place safeguards to protect witnesses, particularly those who
have experienced family violence or trauma to ensure no further harm is caused to vulnerable
The Committee is due to table its final report on 7 October 2020.
Interested members of the public may wish to track the committee via the website. Click on the blue
'Track Committee' button on the right hand side and use the forms to login to My Parliament or to
register for a My Parliament account.
Please be aware that the Committee is unable to intervene or provide advice in relation to
individual circumstances. If you are in immediate danger, please contact 000. If you or anyone you
know needs help, you can contact one of the services below:
• 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732
• Lifeline on 13 11 14
• Men's Referral Service on 1300 766 491
• MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
• Kids Help Line on 1800 551 800
• Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277
• Family Relationships Online on 1800 050 321
• Financial Counselling Australia on 1800 007 007
• Emergency services on 000 (triple zero) if you are in immediate danger
Cristy Elliott (03) 9848 9900 or (02) 6277 4023
For background information:
Secretariat to the Joint Select Committee into Australia's Family Law System
02 6277 3439 or [email protected].